It was 20th September & it was Saturday. People usually plan parties & hangouts on such Saturdays, but IndiBlogger, this time with Bigrock had planned something different than this mainstream tradition. It was named #WordUp, a power packed meet full of amazing Speaker Sessions, Contests, Food, Prizes & of course the welcome song by IndiBlogger‘s very own Band.
The meetup started with the early registrations & concluded with the Wind up note by IndiBlogger & Bigrock. What happened in between was sheer awesomeness 🙂
Take a look at the agenda below to know what was the part of this awesomeness,
Here are some Blogging Tips shared by Amit Agarwal (India’s top Blogger, he blogs at labnol.org) during his Speaker Session,
- Move away from Blogger, instead join WordPress to enhance your Blogging capabilities
- Never imitate, plagiarism is not what a Blogger does
- Write boring headlines, this may do the trick for you sometimes
- Never give your content for free, you work hard for this & you deserve some credits for this
- Focus on fans, they’re the ones who motivate you
- Stay fresh, write on recent happenings
- Run filtered Ads, Ads should match your viewers’ interests
- Follow WebMaster guidelines by Google for monetization
- Main content at the top, supplementary at the bottom
- Views doesn’t matter, bounce rate matters
- Be transparent with your Viewers
- Access multiple platforms for promotions
- Never publish without an image
- Use tools like Canva, Infogram, PowToon to make your content more appealing
There were some useful key takes from Speakers for the day,
- Anshul Tewari (Blogs at YouthKiAwaaz.com) said to focus on the organic followers. Organic followers don’t come by compulsion, they come to your blog because they like the content you write & share, it’s important to satisfy them on timely basis.
- Scherezade Shroff (Blogs at fashionalized.com) said to write sponsored articles only after having used the products & to be honest always. The policy of being honest works good here as well.
P.S. There was a Twitter contest running at the same time wherein contestants were supposed to answer the question based upon the respective session & I tweeted this & it also won me a 1k Flipkart Voucher 🙂 Thanks a ton Sherry 😉
Along with this, there were some beautiful stories shared by Snigdha Manchanda (Blogs at teatrunk). I totally adored the way she talked, too cute 🙂